Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A summer update...

Today is the 9th birthday of my first baby, my princess, my little girl who is growing up so fast and not quite so little as I wish she would have stayed... her party is this weekend and I'll post photos when it is done.
As you can tell from this photo...

She is having a Frozen themed party. I made her a special outfit, like I do pretty much every year...

Next week, after Ayla's party is over with, I am taking a few days to go to Montana to visit my mom and sister and see a high school friend get married. I am going by myself. Bryan is busy working, after having a month off without work. Doris will be watching the kids during the day. I will be going 2000+ miles away without them. I'll miss them all, but I am looking forward to the time to myself. I'll be able to eat food while it is still hot and without sharing. I'll be able to go to the restroom without a little assistant standing there watching me. I don't have to worry about taking care of 4 people before taking care of myself... I'm looking forward to the break.

Ayla and Zach have been placed in classes in their online school program for our homeschooling this fall. I have been planning things to keep us busy during the summer.

I know there aren't many people who read this blog... and I wasn't sure why I bother to update it at all... but when I logged in this morning, I read over some of my past posts. I'm glad that I have a place to look back and read things that I have written (other than Facebook). I know I don't write here often or as much as I really want to, but it is nice to have the outlet. I would love to take time more often - but with a hubby that is gone 14 hours a day, 3 kids ages 2 through 9 at home with me all day every day, a house to clean and maintain, and 3 small businesses that I run... I barely have time to think, let alone write it out...

I try to get up early, enjoy the quiet, and sip a cup of coffee before the kids wake up... I am going to try and use that time, every once in a while, to blog here... it doesn't really matter what I am writing since no one out there reads it, but I think it will help me since I don't have many friends down here and I am always busy with the kids and such. I will most likely update about the kids and myself and Bryan, post about homeschooling and our other adventures, and whatever seems to cross my mood...

No comments:

Post a Comment