Tuesday, July 9, 2013

10 year anny - Vow renewal - dream wedding - plans 3 years in the making...

A few years ago I started planning what would have been my 'dream wedding'. We were going to have a vow renewal for our 10 year anniversary coming up in August. Due to a lot of different things, we won't be doing it after all. I had it all planned out though, planned just how I wanted, to the detail... so I figured I'd share... from the beginning to the end.

The invites would have been tan or brown paper, maybe with a cream lace pattern on it mailed out in tan craft paper envelopes. Just something simple inviting our friends and family to celebrate with us.
Like this...
 

The tables would have had cream colored table clothes with a burlap table runner. The plates, cups, and flatware would have been clear plastic. The napkins would have been brown or sage green. The centerpieces would have been split - lanterns, sitting on lace squares, filled with moss and tea lights with moss, pinecones, baby's breath, and acorns scattered around them. The other half of the centerpieces would have been mason jars, with jute and lace wrapped around them, filled with moss and tea lights, sitting on a lace square with moss, acorns, pinecones, and baby's breath around it.





We would have had trees, ferns, plants all over the fireplace.

We would have a food table, drink table, and cake table. They would have all had the same cream/burlap/lace theme. Decorated with moss, rocks, pinecones, acorns, sticks, log slices...




We would have water, tea, lemonade, and coffee for drinks.
I wanted a tiered cake. Vanilla and chocolate layers with buttercream icing. I wanted it decorated like tree stumps/logs stacked on one another... like these





For the food, I wanted simple... like a picnic... sandwiches, rolls, cheese, meats, spreads, crackers, fruits, simple pasta salads or Caesar salads... I would have included smoked salmon, shrimp salad, and cold carrot salad (which my mom used to make) because of what they mean to me...





I also want to have two other cakes on our dessert table - a red velvet and an apple spice cake with caramel frosting - because of what they mean to us... maybe a banana cream pie and a lemon meringue pie too... that's a lot of sweets though...

If we have a ceremony, and I carry flowers - it will just be a mix of fern leaves, baby's breath, and fiddle head ferns.




I would have wore a cream dress - an old prom dress of mine - unless I could get something else. I'd do my hair something like this...



I'd have Ayla in something like these...

 



And all the boys in something like this...


Other neat things that I wanted to incorporate...

 
 Smore Favors?
 
Princess Bride quote - Love it!!!

Arch for vows?

Hangout space outside the fellowship hall

food labels written on log slices

or written on window panes...
 
 
And while I am dreaming... my wedding band no longer fits my finger, it could easily be widened just a bit to fit - or I love these bands, if I was to ever get a new band...
 



I think that pretty much sums it all up... oh, except...

If we have a ceremony, I want to come out to an instrumental version of the song "Storybook Love" from 'The Princess Bride'...

Anyhow... that's how I have it planned... whenever we get around to doing it...

... I hope I had enough photos for ya! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment